1) Upon entering the site, you are immediately given the ability to sign-up. Just fill out the information and agree to the ToS and hit “Sign Up”
2) Afterwards, you’ll be taken to a page where you’ll need to enter a bit more information about your location. Feel free to leave the “Master Key” and “PGP Public Key” fields blank. Your password needs to have a non-alphanumeric character such as the exclamation mark or the @-sign.
3) After this step, you should be getting an email regarding verifying your account as well as instructions on how to verify your account. After doing so, you should be able to see this after logging in. When you do, click on “Get Verified”. You don’t have to worry about a lot of the information on the site if you don’t plan on trading on the exchange beyond acquiring BTC. You also might notice no mention of BTC on the page. This is because Kraken abbreviates Bitcoin as XBT. Don’t worry, they’re the same thing.
4) After clicking on it, you should be presented with a table showing what the different levels of verification give you. In order to deposit fiat (EUR, USD, GBP, etc.), you’ll need to reach Tier 2. To begin verification, scroll down and you should see this. Just fill out the information and click the “Get Verified” button when you’re done.
5) You should then be getting the option to go to Tier 2. Click on the button and you should be presented with this page where you’ll need to enter an address. Make sure that you enter an address that you have your bills sent to as it will be necessary if you wish to move up to Tier 3 or if they encounter some issues with verifying you. Also, note that you cannot change certain information that you entered in Tier 1, such as the country that you listed.
6) You’ll once again be given the option to move on to Tier 3. However, if you scroll up, you’ll notice that under “Verify Status” your verification is still marked as “Processing”. This is because someone at the company needs to manually verify the information that you entered.
7) In case they are not able to verify the information or notice a discrepancy, they’ll contact you and require you to get verified to Tier 3. Even if you don’t get this notice, we recommend getting to Tier 3 as it greatly increases your deposit and withdrawal limits. To get to this level, you will need to be ready to upload a government-issued ID as well as a proof of residence. For those residing in Germany or Japan, or are depositing from an account in those countries and Austria, you will also need to take a photo with yourself holding the ID. For US residents, you will also need to enter your Social Security Number. Please note that you cannot upload PDF documents as the system only accepts image files (JPEG, JPG, and PNG).
8) After this step, you will need to wait for the staff to manually verify your identity. This should only take up to about 15 minutes, even at odd hours of the day. After you get the email confirmation of verification, you will now have a Tier 3 wallet with Kraken.